We are pretty sure it’s coverage like this that keep online dating from really shaking the stigma.
Posted by Tools_guy (yep) – who lists these pastimes on his blogger profile: “good wine and conversation, walking while holding hands, applying band-aids, reading bed time stories, and running” – the following are excerpts from Rules for Online Dating – Part 2 (because obvi there was a Part 1 to the rules):
- You see a girl’s profile where she says she has a ton of friends and she’s beautiful and outgoing. Should you contact her? Were you popular back in the day? Do you have a ton of friends? NO? Then don’t contact her.
- Go after someone you have a lot in common with. For me that would be a divorce[d] woman with kids who has a college degree. I always had the best luck with those women.
- You see a girl’s profile where she says she runs a marathon a month. Should you contact her? Are you an athlete? Do you run? NO? Then don’t contact her. I have never been accused of being coordinated. I am not an athlete and I don’t match her lifestyle.
To be fair, Tools_guy has some pretty poignant advice regarding Rule #1 – “A picture is worth 1,000 words”:
- Dress up like you are going out on a date.
- Get someone to take the pictures of you. Don’t do it in front of the bathroom mirror.
- Don’t be flexing your muscles. Don’t show your car. Don’t point to your boat.
- Just one picture of your dog – this is about you.
Can’t argue with you there Tools_guy.